Coogee Primary has a non-incorporated School Council as per Section 125 of the School Education Act 1999. The functions of the School Council are outlined in Section 128 of the Act.
The functions of a school council are to:
Take part in:
- Establishing and reviewing from time to time, the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- The planning of financial arrangements necessary to fund those objectives, priorities and directions;
- Evaluating the school’s performance in achieving them; and
- Formulating codes of conduct for students at the school.
- Determine, in consultation with students, their parents and staff a dress code for students when they are attending or representing the school;
- Promote the school in the community;
- Charges and contributions for the provision of certain materials, services and facilities;
- Extra cost optional components of educational programs;
- Items to be supplied by a student for personal use in an educational program;
- Any agreements or arrangements for advertising or sponsorship in relation to the school.
Provide advice to the principal of the school on:
- A general policy concerning the use in school activities of prayers, songs and material based on religious, spiritual or moral values being used in a school activity as part of religious education;