AIMS OF COOGEE PRIMARY EARLY CHILDHOOD PROGRAM
Our Early Childhood Program aims to:
- provide a creative, stimulating and challenging environment in which the child can develop totally, that is, socially/emotionally physically (gross and fine motor skills) and intellectually;
- be aware of the individual child and his/her needs and plan a program according to those needs;
- develop an environment in which the child feels secure and cared for;
- encourage parents to participate in order that they may learn and understand more of children's play and behaviour.
How you can help your Child:
- Ensure that your child has adequate sleep and arrives at school feeling fit and well. It’s no fun being away from Mum or Dad when you’re feeling sick.
- Read to your child as often as possible. Reading to a child every day is one of the best ways of encouraging success with early literacy.
- Show an interest in what they do at Pre-Primary - ask questions about the activities they participated in, what story was told at story time, what new songs they learned etc.
- Discussing with us, any information which will help us to understand your child.
- Praise their efforts.
- Listen to your child's ideas and comments.
- Write with your child ensuring you use upper and lower case letters correctly.